Third Grade Eye Exam Guidelines for Parents and Schools
- Go to www.msvisionfoundation.org to check for a participating Eye Doctor near you.
- Call and make an appointment and tell the person taking your call that your child is a 3rd grader taking advantage of the Eye Exam for Third Graders.
- Ask the Doctor’s office what identification you need to bring with you. All Doctors are requesting the letter you received from the school telling you that your child will need to take the reading exam again before moving to the 4th grade. Some doctors may require other identification.
- If your child has no coverage, please make sure the doctor knows this when you schedule the appointment.
- If your child is covered through insurance or CHiPS, the doctor will file on that coverage and you will be asked to pay out-of-pocket or the deductible for the visit due to laws which require the doctor to collect this amount. If you are unable to pay the out-of-pocket, please talk to your doctor.
- If the Doctor you contact cannot take your child, please see if there is another Doctor on the list that you can call. If not, please contact the Miss. Vision Foundation at 601-572-0845.
Parents: To see a message from an elementary school principal regarding the program, click here.
Doctors: to find instructions for how to participate in this program, click here.